Food Safety Level 2 (RQF) Courses run once a month - 1 day course included of accredited certificate. This certificate is valid for 3 years and it requires a refresher prior to expiry.
By law, food business operators must ensure that food handlers receive the appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene. This qualification is suitable for those working in a catering environment who are responsible for handling food. It is also the most popular food safety qualification accepted by enforcement officers and auditors.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, cooking service and handling of food.
FOOD SAFETY LEVEL 2 COURSE SUBJECTS:
• the importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
• microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control
• good temperature control and stock rotation
• the importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including hand washing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
• keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
• safe waste disposal and pest control
ALL CANDIDATES ATTENDING THE COURSE WILL RECEIVE A COURSE BOOK IN PDF AND SAMPLE TEST QUESTIONS TO STUDY AND COMPLETE FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE TEST AT THE END OF THE COURSE DAY.
PRICE - £50/CANDIDATE
For group bookings please get in touch here as we have discounts available depending on the number of people booked on the course.
Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness and Control in Catering (RQF) - £50/candidate
Group bookings and in house training available from 25% discount per participant.
Who is this qualification for?
The qualification is aimed at food handlers and other staff involved in food preparation and service who work within the catering industry.
This qualification is supported by Allergy UK, who regard it as suitable staff training for catering outlets that wish to apply for their Allergy Aware Scheme.
How long will it take?
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake 5 hours of learning in total, courses running once a month.
The qualification is designed to provide knowledge and understanding of food allergens and foods that commonly cause intolerances, their characteristics and effects, the importance of effectively communicating information regarding allergenic ingredients to customers, and how staff can minimise the risk of cross-contamination from allergenic ingredients.
1. Understand the characteristics andconsequences of food allergies and intolerances
2. Understand procedures for identifying and controlling contamination from allergenic ingredients
3. Understand procedures for the accurate communication of allergen information to consumers
4. Recognise how allergen information can be provided effectively
Assessment method and certification
This qualification is assessed by multiple-choice examination.
The examination for this qualification contains 15 questions that must be completed within 30
minutes. To achieve a pass, learners must demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the
qualification syllabus and answer at least 9 out of 15 (60%) questions correctly.
Certificates for the successful candidates will be despatched within 2 weeks from the course date - these will be issued by our awarding body Highfield.
Please find useful guidance on the Government website here:
As a food business, you must follow the allergen information rules set in EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation (EU FIC).
This means that you must:
1. provide allergen information to the consumer for both pre-packed and non-prepacked food or drink
handle and manage food allergens adequately
2. You also need to make sure that your staff is trained about allergens.
The 14 allergens are:
113-115 Fonthill Road
London, Finsbury Park,
TEL: 020 3239 6977
Monday-Friday 9.30 - 5.00pm
BANK HOLIDAY CLOSED
We offer now Health and Safety in Construction Level 1 (RQF) course for your CSCS green card - was £75 - NOW 20% OFF - £60/candidate.